Updated September 2nd, 2016
1. Adjutant Kloc reported that the Post 280, 2018 membership is at 39%.
2. The Post Yard Sale will be held October 28th.
3. Welcome to new member Frank Palmer and transferring members Randall Budd and Stephan Nowak.
4. Ravens coach, Andy Sheerer reported that the Ravens are about to start their 2018 season and noted that the team will be doing various fund raisers and service functions to raise money for the team.
5. Post 280 has T-Shirts, Hats, License Plates, shot glasses, new larger unit coins and other items for sale to the membership.
6. The Veterans Hospital and Virginia Beach Vets Home, Vets Thanksgiving Dinner will be held November 17th, at 7:00P.M. Come on out and help serve, cook or just a veterans hand.
7. The state of Virginia is offering to produce US Navy license plates if enough requests are received.
8. See Joe Pocan and Alan Giennerini for some job opportunitied.
9. Veterans Administration representative Steve Gonales is available at the Post every second Monday from 1400 to 1600 hours to help with VA claims.
10. Octiber 7, 8, and 9th is the First Annual Devon Grube Memorial BBQ Classic. This event is hosted by the Navy Seal Foundation whose goal is to honnor our warriors and support their families. Event dates; October 6-8, 2017 at the Virginia Beach KOA campground, located at 1240 General Booth Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA 23451Post 280 Service Officer. Post 280 is supporting this event.
11. E-Board member, Joe Pocan, reported that he will be heading to Arizona for the National Convention.
12. CPA Richard Noyes, who presented the Executive Board with a financial health of the Post report. His report was positive and confirms that the actions of the Executive Board are for the benefit of the Post.
Note: The Services Officer's e-mail address is email@example.com. He can do wonders, but, he can't help you if you don't ask.